Thinking about selling your inherited house? In this blog post, you’ll read about the 4 stress free tricks for preparing to sell an inherited property in Edina and Surrounding Suburbs to help sell you easily and with as less stress as possible.
When you think of Selling a house, it can be overwhelming, frustrating, time-consuming, and even expensive.
And if it’s an inherited house, it can be even worse! You may have bills to worry about, clean up and maintenance of the property, etc, etc… !
So if you want to sell your inherited property without all the hassle, here are 4 no stress tricks for preparing to sell an inherited property in Edina and Surrounding Suburbs…
No Stress Trick #1 Plan Ahead
Many people don’t take the time to think through the end to end process of Selling.
- Do you have a budget for the continued expenses and any repairs needed?
- These are items to consider if you are thinking about keeping as an investment property or want to fix it before selling.
- What if repairs take a long time?
- Life gets busy and repairs can end up taking longer than normal.
- What if the listing takes a long time?
- This can happen, especially if you work with an agent that does not give sound advise on how to prepare to sell your house OR just tells you that the house will sell for a higher than market price to get the listing contract. Our Realtor partner is straight up on what the house is worth and what the market will pay. They will never throw a high number out there to help win the listing.
- What contingencies do you have if the real estate agent can’t find a buyer?
- If you want to try to listing it to see what the market takes, we can give you a contingency offer that if the house doesn’t sell, our company Home ConSELLtants can purchase directly from you.
We Specialize in talking over all these items up front as it can be stressful if you have to decide these things as they come up. If you’ve already thought about them, you’ll eliminate a lot of stress.
No Stress Trick #2 Be Informed
Do you know what the process is to sell? Do you know how long it will take? Do you know how much it will cost you? Is it even a good time to sell? Who is buying right now? Do some research ahead of time and ask these questions to get informed about selling.
This is where our company comes into play. The more information you have, the better ability you have to make the best decision for your situation.
No Stress Trick #3 Get Consensus
If multiple heirs own the inherited property, you’ll want to gather your research and then talk to each heir to get a consensus.
Nothing is worse than starting the listing process and trying to sell your property only to be stopped in your tracks by an heir who wants to go in a different direction with the property.
No Stress Trick #4 Work With A House Buyer
You can bypass a lot of the legwork and hassle by selling directly to a house buyer. A house buying company (like what we do here at Home ConSELLtants) is the simplest, fastest way to put cash in your pocket because they often buy houses fast, for cash, and in as-is condition… and are experts at dealing with any of the challenges with titles, liens, multiple heirs, etc.
One call or email to a company like ours is the best no-stress trick! We are passionate about helping sellers navigate their options.
These 4 no stress tricks for preparing to sell an inherited property in Edina and Surrounding suburbs will help you think through some of the items to consider and in turn be more prepared as you make a decision of which path to take!